I read in a magazine that green salads not only fill your stomach well but also help you reduce weight. In this healthy salad recipe, I use sprouted green gram along with raw vegetables and a choice of spices to enhance the taste. My husband relishes this salad and it turns out to be a good appetizer.
You can have just this salad for dinner. This will help you reduce weight drastically.
- One small cup of sprouted green gram
- One onion
- One small capsicum
- Half cucumber
- One piece of cabbage
- One carrot
- Few celery leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon redchilly powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano ( Italian spice)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt for taste
- Cut cabbage, carrot, capsicum,cucumber and onion into thin strips.
- Cut celery leaves into small pieces.
- In a bowl Put all the cut vegetables along with green gram sprout.
- Add red chilly powder, pepper powder oregano and salt
- Mix well.
- Add 2 teaspoon of vinegar and olive oil and mix well.
- Serve with hot soup and whole wheat bread.
Lakshmi of Taste of Mysore has a recipe for Sprouted Moong Salad in her site. Do check that out too.