- One bunch of fresh methi leaves
- 100 gms of green peas
- One medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- One big tomato (finely chopped)
- 3 or 4 flakes of garlic (finely chopped)
- One green chilli
- One tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- One tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- Cooking oil as required
- Salt to taste
- One tsp fresh cream (Optional)
- Boil green peas with enough salt and water.
- Clean the methi leaves well and cut into small pieces and add little salt to it so that the bitter taste will disappear.
- In a frying pan, put enough oil.
- Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and fry till it turns brown.
- Add chopped onion and green chilli and fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add the chopped methi leaves, turmeric powder and enough salt.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Add the boiled peas and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder and fry till the raw smell of masala disappears.
- Add enough water and make it as a gravy.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with phulka.