Bitter gourd is a green vegetable with a bitter taste . In India it is used as a household medicine because of its medicinal and curative properties. It is a very nutritious vegetable. It contains a hypoglycemic substance which helps in lowering blood and urine sugar levels.Intake of bitter gourd in any form will be of immense help in controlling the blood sugar level.
Ingredients (for 1 glass)
- Half piece of bitter gourd.
- Half lemon.
- A pinch of salt.
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- Wash the bitter gourd thoroughly.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Soak the cut pieces in water with little salt and half teaspoon turmeric powder for 15 minutes
- Remove the pieces from the water and grind it in the mixer with enough water.
- Remove the fibres by passing the juice through sieve.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
Drink the juice in the morning on empty stomach daily.
Some Quick Tips
- Soak the pieces in water with little salt and turmeric powder for 15 minutes to remove the bitter taste
- Instead of lime amla can also be used along with bitter gourd