Chick peas are highly nutritious and they contain maximum of 25% protein. If you want to lose weight, have chick peas with two rotis for lunch at least 3 days a week. Chick peas fills your stomach quite well just like sprouted green gram.
There are two types of chick peas. Here I use desi chickpeas which are smaller in size with a thick seed coat.They appear dark brown in colour and take 24 hours to get the sprouts.
- One cup of sprouted chick peas
- One big onion
- One tomato
- One red chilly
- one green chilly
- 3 flakes of garlic
- One hand full of mint leaves
- A small piece of ginger
- One teaspoon of hing (asafoetida)
- One teaspoon of jeera
- One teaspoon of daniya
- One teaspoon of mustard
- One teaspoon of urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- Few coriander leaves
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- 11/2 teaspoon of cooking oil
- Salt as required
- Cook sprouted chick peas with enough salt and water till it becomes soft.
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Grind onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, red chilly, mint leaves, jeera (cumin seeds), daniya (coriander seeds) into a fine paste.
- Put 11/2 teaspoon oil in a pan.
- Add mustard and urad dal. Let it splutter.
- Add green chillies , curry leaves and hing.
- Add the remaining cut onion and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add the ground paste and fry till it becomes dry.
- Add the boiled chick peas and fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the burner, add lemon juice and stir it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.