- One cup of sprouted wheat
- 1/2 cup of sprouted green gram
- Two teaspoon of channa dhal (Bengal gram dhal)
- Two teaspoon of redgram dhal(Toor dhal)
- Two teaspoon of urad dhal ( Blackgram dhal)
- 2 or 3 Red chillies
- One teaspoon of hing ( asafoetida)
- Salt as required
- Cooking oil for making adai
- Few curry leaves
- One small cup of cut onion
Getting the batter ready
- Soak channa dhal, urad dhal , redgram dhal and redchillies for one hour.
- Grind sprouted wheat to a coarse paste.
- Grind sprouted green gram, channa dhal, urad dhal, redgram dhal,Redchillies and hing to a coarse paste.
- Mix the ground wheat and ground dhal with enough salt.
- Add cut onion and curry leaves to the batter.
- Mix well.
- Add enough water to the mixture so that the consistency of the mixture should be little thicker than dosa batter.
- Heat a non stick tawa.
- Smear little oil and spread one ladle full of this batter to a thick circular shape.
- Make a few holes in the centre.
- Pour oil on the sides and in centre and cook on a low heat.
- Turn over and pour little oil and let it cook till it is crisp all around and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambar.
How to Make Sprouted wheat
- Soak Whole Wheat in fresh water. Keep it over night. The next day pack the wheat in a thin cotton cloth.Let it remain for 24 hours. The third day you can see the sprouts coming up in the seeds.