- One cup of toor dal
- One medium sized onion(finely chopped)
- One tomato (finely chopped)
- One cup of mixed vegetables (beans, carrot, turnip, cauliflower and peas)
- One green chilli (finely chopped)
- One tsp kasuri methi
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- One tsp red chilli powder
- One tsp cooking oil
- One tsp lemon juice
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Few coriander leaves
- Cook toor dal in a pressure cooker with enough water till it gets cooked.
- Boil the mixed vegetables with enough salt and water.
- In a frying pan, put one tsp oil.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Let it splutter.
- Add chopped green chilli and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add chopped onion and fry for two minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, asafoetida and fry till tomato gets cooked.
- Add the boiled vegetables and red chilli powder and cook for two minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, kasuri methi and enough salt.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Switch off the burner and add lemon juice.
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with phulka.