You are an ardent rice-eater? You are a diabetic?
Unhappy that you have to forego portions of rice from your daily meal?
If your answer is yes to all the above questions, I guarantee you are going to love the vegetable pulav recipe here. Don’t worry, the rice I have used for this recipe is called Dia Rice , herbally treated rice made available for diabetics. You should get different brands and varieties in the Indian market today. If you are someone staying abroad, you should check if Dia Rice is available in your country.
This vegetable pulav is ideal for diabetic patients since it is a combination of Dia Rice and green vegetables. It is highly nutritious and fills your stomach quite well. It is very tasty even if you carry for lunch.
Carbs in Dia Rice have less effect on blood sugar levels as its glycemic index is low. Diabetic patients can include this recipe often in their diet and is perfect for diabetic management.
- One cup of dia rice
- One cup of mixed vegetable(beans, turnip, capsicum, cauliflower and peas)
- One medium sized onion ( finely chopped)
- One green chilli(slited)
- One tsp cooking oil
- One cinnamon
- One cardamom
- One clove
- One bay leaf
- Salt as required
- Soak dia rice for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, put one tsp oil.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, clove and bay leaf.
- Let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and green chilli and fry for a while.
- Add the mixed vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the drained rice and fry till becomes seperate.
- Add 2 cups of water and enough salt.
- Stir well.
- Cook the mixture in a pressure cooker (Once the whistle comes, sim it for 10 minutes)
- Serve hot with rajma masala.
Note: 50 gms of rice and a cup of vegetable is enough for one serving.Since we use dia rice the drained water can be used for making the pulav.