Kheer is one sweet dish which all relish a lot. People use a variety of ingredients such as rice, moong daal and vermicilli to make Kheer.
I tried making this Kheer using oats to suit the diabetics. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
- One small cup of oats
- One cup of soya milk
- 2to 3 tsp sugar free powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Two almonds (grated)
- Two pista (grated)
- Few cashews
- Few raisins
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 tsp cucumber seeds
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- In a frying pan fry oats for 2 to 3 minutes without ghee.
- Boil oats with enough water till it gets cooked.
- Add soya milk and boil for 5 minutes
- Add sugar free powder, cardamom powder and saffron and stir well.
- In a small kadai put 1/2 tsp ghee.
- Add cashew, raisins and cucumber seeds and fry till the cashew and cucumber seeds turn light brown.
- Add the fried cashews, raisins, cucumber seeds to the oats mixture.
- Garnish the kheer with grated almond and grated pista.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Note: Sugar free powder can be used according to the taste.