- One cup of Bajra flakes
- One cup of mixed vegetables ( Carrot, Beans, Peas, Cauliflower and Capsicum)
- One medium sized onion
- One tomato
- Two green chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 50 gms of fried ground nut
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp channa dal
- Few coriander leaves
- Wash Bajra flakes well and soak it for 10 to 15 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Drain the excess water by squeezing the flakes with hand and keep it aside.
- Chop all the vegetables finely and boil the vegetables in a pan with enough salt and water till it gets cooked.
- Take care that the vegetables should not get over cooked.
- Grind ground nut coarsely in a mixer and keep it aside.
- In a Kadai, put 1 tsp oil.
- Add mustard, urad dal and channa dal.
- Let it splutter.
- Add the chopped onion, chopped green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add the cooked vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the bajra flakes and enough salt and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground ground nut and fry for a while.
- Remove the kadai from the burner and add lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any chutney.