- One cup of split yellow moong dal
- One onion (finely chopped)
- One tomato (finely chopped)
- One piece of cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- One piece of raw mango (Cut into fine strips)
- One small carrot (grated)
- Two green chillies (finely chopped)
- Few curry leaves
- Few coriander leaves
- One small lemon
- 1/2 tsp grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp cooking oil
- One tsp mustard
- One tsp Jeera
- Soak Yellow moong dal for about 1/2 an hour.
- Drain the excess water and keep it in the strainer.
- In a mixing bowl, put soaked moong dal, onion, tomato, cucumber, mango, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil and add mustard and jeera.
- When mustard starts popping, add green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add this seasoning to the soaked moong dal.
- Mix well and garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Serve along with soup and wheat bread.
Note: Apple and pomegranate pearls can be added to enhance the taste of the dish.