- One cup of oats (200 gms)
- One onion (finely chopped)
- One tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of mixed vegetables (peas, carrot, beans, capsicum and cabbage)
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp channa dal
- 1 or 2 red chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Salt as required
- In a kadai, boil beans, carrot, cabbage and capsicum with enough salt and water.
- Fry oats for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, put 2 tsp oil.
- Add mustard, urad dal, channa dal and red chillies and fry till the dals turn brown.
- Add chopped onion, curry leaves and asafoetida and fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add one and quarter cup of water and enough salt.
- When water starts boiling, add the cooked vegetables and fried oats and stir well.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan with a lid allowing it to get completely cooked and all the water is dried.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot along with coconut, coriander chutney.