Are you a vegeterian and think mushrooms are non-vegeterian?
Are you a non-vegeterian and eat mushrooms only because they taste like chicken or mutton?
Either ways, here are some more reasons why you must go for mushrooms or go all the more for mushrooms.
Button mushrooms are :
- Good for diabetics and to control high blood pressure
- A good source of minerals and high in antioxidants
- Low in calories
- Are widely available through out the year in most super markets
So what are you waiting for?
Go to the supermarket now and grab your packet of mushrooms and some basil leaves and make this yummy soup 🙂
- Four medium sized button mushroom
- One medium sized onion
- 3 or 4 flakes of garlic
- One tsp dried basil
- One tsp cooking oil
- Half tsp ghee
- Half cup of toned milk
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Peel off the skin from the garlic.
- Wash and clean two mushrooms well and cut into small pieces.
- In a frying pan put some oil.
- Add onion, garlic and mushroom pieces and fry for five minutes.
- Add enough water and salt and cook till the mushrooms become soft.
- Allow them to cool and grind them in the mixi into a fine paste.
- Add enough water and milk to make a smooth mixture.
- Add dried basil and pepper powder to the mushroom mixture and boil for five minutes.
- Chop two more mushrooms into fine pieces and keep it aside.
- In another frying pan, put ghee and add the chopped mushroom pieces.
- Fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add the fried mushroom to the soup.
- Serve hot with whole wheat bread or sandwiches.