Lassi is a perfect drink to beat the summer heat in India. Plain lassi is made of yoghurt and sugar. I tried using dried figs, low fat curd and sugar free powder to make a healthy drink.
Here are a few nutritional facts about Fig.
Figs are good to eat and rich in fiber. The type of fiber in figs reduce the risk of developing adult onset diabetes. The polyphenols in dried figs offer a protective effect against heart disease and cancer.
Figs are effective when it comes to solving weight gain problems. Figs also protect your heart, lower cholesterol, combat cancer and control blood pressure.
- One cup of low fat curd
- Four dried figs
- One tsp sugar free powder
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
- Cut two dried figs into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Soak two dried figs in water for half an hour.
- In a mixer, grind the soaked figs into fine paste.
- Add low fat curd, sugar free powder and enough water.
- Blend it into smooth mixture.
- Add ice cubes.
- Pour the mixture in a glass and serve chilled with fig pieces on the top.