Recently Indira posted the recipe for Moong Sprouts Kosambari with Pomegranate in her site. I have worked on Indira’s recipe a little bit, added some more ingredients and have tweaked the recipe to suit diabetics. Thanks to Indira for posting this recipe.
This dish goes well with rotis and paranthas.
Here is the recipe for you:
- One small cup of sprouted green gram
- One small cup of pomegranate kernels
- One cup of low fat fresh curd
- 1/2 tsp sugar free powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp roasted jeera powder
- Salt as required
- Cook sprouted green gram with enough salt and water. (It should not be too soft or too hard)
- In a mixing bowl, put cooked sprouts, pomegranate kernels, low fat curd, salt, sugar free powder and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder and roasted jeera powder.
- Serve along with rotis, pulav and mixed rice.
Note: Apple pieces can be added along with sprouts and pomegranate kernels