- Half cup of bengal gram dal
- One bunch of palak leaves
- One medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- One tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp daniya powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- One tsp olive oil
- Salt as required
- Remove the palak leaves from the stalk and wash thoroughly and chop into fine leaves.
- In a pan, cook palak leaves with enough salt and water.
- After it gets cooked, smash it with masher and keep it aside.
- Soak bengal gram dhal for half an hour and cook the dal with enough salt and water in a pressure cooker till it becomes soft.
- In a frying pan, put one tsp olive oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic and green chilli paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, daniya powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt ( if needed) and fry for a while.
- Add the cooked palak leaves and cooked bengal gram dal.
- Boil till all the masala gets completely mixed with dal and palak mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or Basmati rice.