- One cup of sprouted Black gram
- One onion (finely chopped)
- One tomato (finely chopped)
- One tsp ginger garlic paste
- Half tsp turmeric powder
- Half tsp red chilli powder
- Half tsp daniya powder
- Half tsp jeera
- One small piece of cinnamon
- One tsp cooking oil
- Half tsp ghee
- Salt as required
- Few coriander leaves
Method for making sprout
Clean and wash the whole black gram thoroughly. Soak it for 8 hours. Then drain off the water and tie the gram up in a clean muslin cloth. It will take another 24 hours for it to sprout.
Method for making the gravy
- In a pressure cooker, cook black gram sprouts with enough salt and water.
- In a frying pan, put one tsp oil.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and daniya powder one by one and fry for a while.
- Add the cooked sprouts and salt (if needed) and boil till the masala gets completely mixed with dal.
- Heat ghee and add jeera and cinnamon.
- Let it splutter.
- Add the seasoning to the cooked sprout mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.