Paneer is one of the most common ingredients in Asian cooking. Tofu is nutritious soya paneer made from soya milk. It has a good nutritional benefits and is rich in protein. Regular use of tofu reduces cholesterol levels. It is recommended for heart patients because it reduces bad cholesterol levels. Tofu plays an important role in prevention of many diseases. Diabetics and people on diet can use tofu instead of milk paneer as it is easily digestible and low in calories.
- 100 gms of tofu paneer
- One onion (finely chopped)
- One tomato (finely chopped)
- One small capsicum (finely chopped)
- One small piece of ginger(finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar free powder
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp kasuri methi
- 4 Lightly cooked round chappathis for making roll
Method for making the filling
- In a frying pan, put 1 tsp oil.
- Add chopped onion and ginger and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add capsicum and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add tomatoes and fry till it gets cooked.
- Add chilli powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder, salt and sugar free powder one by one.
- Fry till the raw smell of masala disappears.
- Add the grated paneer, kasuri methi and fry till it gets completely mixed with masala.
- Now the stuffing is ready.
Method for making the roll
- Divide the filling into four equal portions.
- Take one chappathi, place one portion of the filling on one edge of the chappathi.
- Sprinkle chopped onion and coriander leaves on the filling.
- Roll it tightly and seal the chappathi with a clove so that the the filling does not spill over.
- Heat tawa and place the roll on the tawa.
- Pour little oil over it and cook till it turns brown on both sides.
- Repeat this process till the fillings get over.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney.