- Half cup of Oats
- Half cup of wheat rava
- One and half cup of sour curd
- One tsp pepper jeera powder
- One tsp ghee
- Salt as required
- One grated carrot for garnishing
- Grind oats in the mixer in the form of rava.
- In a pan, fry oats and wheat rava for 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, put oats, wheat rava, salt and one cup curd.
- Mix well and let it remain for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee and add pepper, jeera powder.
- Add this to the oats and rava mixture.
- Add the remaining curd to make smooth batter.
- The consistency of the batter should be like idly batter.
- Grease the idly plates and pour the batter into the moulds.
- Garnish with grated carrot before steaming.
- Cook on steam for 10 minutes on high flame and 5 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the idlies with a flat spoon and serve hot with chutney or sambar.