Including sprouted cereals in your meal provides all the essential vitamins and minerals that you need for leading a healthy life.
All edible grains, seeds and legumes can be sprouted except for some grains and seeds may take longer time to sprout.
While sprouting, the contents of vitamins, minerals and protein in the seed increase substantially while the caloric value and carbohydrate content decrease.
Here I have used organic ground nut and allowed them to sprout. This salad can be taken with tea as an evening snack.
- One cup of sprouted ground nut
- One onion
- 1/2 capsicum
- 1/2 cucumber
- One piece of raw mango
- One tomato
- One small carrot
- One small cup of pomegranate pearls
- One tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- One tsp lemon juice
- Salt as required
- Few coriander leaves
- Cook sprouted ground nut with enough salt and water till it becomes soft.
- Allow it to cool and strain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Cut onion, capsicum, cucumber, raw mango, carrot and tomato into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked ground nut, all the vegetables, pomegranate pearls, chilli powder, pepper powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with tea or coffee as an evening snack.