Many flowers are edible. But proper identification is essential in choosing the flowers.
Hibiscus plant is one of the most famous plant found everywhere. The flowers come in different colours and have lot of medicinal values. The chemicals in a Hibiscus flower helps for hair growth. It reduces dandruff and restores your hair colour. Moreover it gives coolant effect to the body. The juice from these leaves and flowers can regularize the menstrual cycle for women. This flower improves digestion. Tea brewed with hibiscus flowers is said to help in controlling nausea.
Here I prepared this juice using red colour hibiscus flower and lemon.
Ingredient for making syrup
- 10 Hibiscus flowers
- 4 lemon
- 1tsp sugar free powder
- 1/4 tsp Black salt
Method for making the extract
- Remove the petals from the Hibiscus flower and wash thoroughly.
- Cut the petals into small pieces.
- Take an extract of lemon
- In a bowl, soak the petal pieces in lemon juice.
- Keep it in the sunlight for 3 to 4 hours.
- After taking from the sunlight, keep it in the fridge
- The next day strain the mixture using strainer.
- Store the extract in a bottle in the fridge.
Preparation of Power syrup
- Take a glass of cold water.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp of extract according to the taste.
- Add 3/4 tsp sugarfree powder.
- Add 1/4 tsp black salt.
- Stir well and serve chilled.
Note: For non-diabetics, sugar syrup can be used for making the juice.