This my second entry to Jhiva for this month.
Senna auriculata/Avaram flower(Tamil equivalent) is an evergreen Indian shrub with bright yellow flowers.You can find this flower in the market after rainy season( in the month of December). The flowers and buds are used as a substitute for tea in case of diabetes.
The dried flowers can be preserved and can be used through out the year.
Drinking this flower extract daily on an empty stomach will help to control blood sugar level.
Method for making the extract
- In a bowl, take 11/2 glass of water.
- Add the hand full of flowers.
- Let it boil in a high flame for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and using strainer, extract the juice of the flower.
- Drink on an empty stomach in the morning daily.