Ragi spaghetti is an ideal dish to be taken during breakfast. It is easily digestable and very simple to make. As I already mentioned earlier, Ragi is highly nutritious and rich in iron, calcium and protein.
Spaghetti is a kind of pasta popular in Italian cuisine. It is a long, thin, cylindrical pasta made of semolina and water. My American neigbour and friend got this ragi spaghetti from Auroville. I used garlic sauce to go with ragi spaghetti. It turned out well and tastes yummy.
Those who are on diet and diabetic patients, can be taken ragi spaghetti once in 15 days.
Here is the recipe:
- 150 gms of Ragi spaghetti
- One medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 10 to 12 flakes of garlic (finely chopped0
- one small cup of tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt as required
How to cook spaghetti
- In a kadai, put enough water, salt and one tsp oil.
- When water starts boiling, add spaghetti.
- Cook till it becomes soft.
- Rinse the cooked spaghetti in the cold water to remove starch.
- Strain the water and keep the spaghetti in the strainer for 15 minutes ( the water should be drained completely).
Now the spaghetti is ready.
Preparation of Garlic sauce
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tsps of oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic
- Fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add tomato puree and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce and chilli sauce and fry for a while.
- Add vinegar, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt and fry for a minute.
Now the sauce is ready.
Method for making the dish
- In a frying pan, heat one tsp oil.
- Add cooked spaghetti, garlic sauce and salt ( if needed).
- Mix well and serve hot.
Note: Take care that the sauce is not too dilute. Otherwise the spaghetti becomes soggy when you add the sauce.