- One cup of chopped chow chow
- One finely chopped onion
- One tomato
- One green chilli
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp daniya powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1tsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- Few curry leaves
- Few coriander leaves
- In a kadai, put one tsp oil.
- Add mustard and jeera. Let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves and fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add the chopped chow chow,turmeric powder,asafoetida, salt and enough water.
- Cover the kadai with a lid till the chow chow gets completely cooked.
- Add daniya powder and fry for a while.
- Grind tomato and green chilli and add the ground mixture to the cooked chow chow.
- Fry till the raw smell of tomato disappears.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis.