In south India , Upma is usually taken during breakfast. It is a simple and tasty dish made using Sooji/Semolina. Wheat Rava Upma made using less oil is very healthy and ideal for people on diet. Wheat Rava Upma also fills your stomach very well.
So here is the recipe for you:
- One cup of wheat rava
- One onion
- One tsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- One small piece of coconut(Optional)
- Few coriander leaves
- 2to 3 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp Channa dal
- Few curry leaves
- Grind coconut, green chillies,coriander leaves into fine paste.
- In a heavy bottomed Kadai, add 1 tsp oil.
- Add Mustard, urad dal and channa dal and cook until the lentil starts to brown.
- Add chopped onion, asafoetida and curry leaves and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water and enough salt.
- When water starts boiling, add the ground paste and wheat rava.
- Stir well so that ther should not be any lumps.
- Lower the heat and cover the Kadai with a lid allowing it to get completely cooked and all the water is dried.
- Take off from the burner and add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chutney.