I make it a point to add Bell Pepper in many dishes that I make. It enhances the flavour of the dish. I add Bell Pepper even in Lemon Rice which makes the dish really tasty. I also add Bell Pepper in Wheat Rava Kichdi.
So Bell Pepper has always been my favorite ingredient and it is my honor that I get to post a recipe on this ingredient.
So here you go:
- One medium sized onion ( finely chopped)
- One medium sized capsicum ( finely chopped)
- 5 or 6 baby corn ( cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp daniya powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 5o gms of panner(optional)
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- One table spoon cooking oil
For making gravy
- 5 medium sized tomatoes
- One small piece of ginger
- 3 or 4 flakes of garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 2 red chillies
- 1tsp grated paneer
- Cook baby corn with enough salt in a pressure cooker ( allow the whistle to come and sim it for 5 minutes).
- In a frying pan, put 1tsp oil and saute onion and capsicum till they become soft.
- Add daniya powder and garam masala powder and fry for a while.
- Keep it aside.
- Grind tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies and red chillies into a fine paste.
- In a kadai, put one tsp oil.
- Add the tomato mixture and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the onion and capsicum fry, cooked baby corn and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes, salt and enough water.
- Add Kasuri methi and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated panner and serve hot with phulka.
Note: Instead of milk paneer, tofu paneer can be used for people who are diabetic or those who are on diet.