This recipe is my second entry to Jihva for Ingredients – April.
Please check my previous post here.
Here is the recipe for you using raw garlic.
- 5 or 6 flakes of garlic
- 2 pieces of coconut
- One green chilly
- One small piece of ginger
- One cup of fresh curd
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of jeera (cumin seeds)
- A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 1/2 teaspoon cooking oil
- 3or4 curry leaves
- Peel off the skin from the garlic.
- Grind garlic, coconut,ginger and green chilly into fine paste.
- Mix the ground paste and curd with enough salt.
- In a small frying pan put 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Add mustard and jeera.
- When mustard starts spluttering, add hing and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the mixture and stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any mixed rice or chappathi.