You may be wondering why I use sprouted green gram as the main ingredient in most of my dishes. Well, there is a real story as to why I strongly recommend sprouted green gram as the best cure for diabetes and obesity.
My husband, a known diabetic for over 15 years was advised to take sprouted cereals and stop the insulin shots and drugs that he had been regularly taking to control his blood sugar.
He sincerely followed this advise and started taking sprouted cereals. He also stopped taking medication and insulin. Sprouted Cereals did work wonders. He was able to maintain normal blood sugar levels without any medication.
But then after some time he got tired of eating stereotype food. This is when I started exploring possibilities. I started making variety of dishes with sprouted cereals and my husband relished them and so did many of our friends. Sprouted Green Gram and Vegetable Stew is something that my husband has for his breakfast.
So here is the recipe for you:
- 1/2 cup of sprouted green gram
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 50 gms beans
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon of butter/ghee
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 nos cloves
- 2 small pieces of cinnamon
- 1 small cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- salt to taste
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Dice cauliflower, carrot and beans.
- Grind green chillies and pepper coarsely.
- Boil sprouts along with cauliflower, carrot, beans and peas with enough salt and 1 cup water in the pressure cooker for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan.
- Add cloves and cinnamon and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and fry till it becomes brown.
- Add the ground green chilli and pepper and fry for a minute.
- Add this to the contents in the cooker .
- Mix the corn flour with the milk and add this to the contents in the cooker.
- Again cook for 2 minutes
- Serve hot along with whole wheat bread.