We all love to munch snacks. For people who are dieting or those who have diabetes, there is no way that they can have the regular snack food such as samosa, cutlet and chips.
Sprouted Green Gram Vada is a good substitute for all junk food. You can have this Vada once in a while probably when you read a book or watch your favorite movie on television. 🙂
- Green gram sprout – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 2 or 3
- Hing (Asafoetida powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as required
- Curry leaves(kadi pattha) – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cooking oil – for frying
- Cut onion – 1 small cup
- Gram flour(basen) – for binding 3 or 4 teaspoon
- Grind sprout, red chillies, hing and salt coarsely without adding water.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoon of gram flour to the ground mixture and stir well.
- Add cut onion, curry leaves and coriander leaves to the mixture.
- Wet your palms and take some batter into the palms. Press the batter till it gets flat and round.
- Fry the vadas in oil till they become brown.
- Serve hot with any chutney or with sauce.
Some Quick Tips
Even Palak leaves or shredded cabbage can be added to the sprout batter to enhance the taste of the dish